Sunday, December 21, 2008

Miranda's Wedding!














So last week was Miranda's wedding! We are all so excited for her and Brooks! I definitely miss having her as a roommate, but I'm so happy for her too! These are some pics. of the temple, them first coming out, and us waiting outside, I did get some pretty cute pics.! She looked so pretty and happy! It was such a nice day, after the temple she had a luncheon at the Entrada (where high school musical was filmed) and it was really nice, way good food! It's crazy to think that I'm getting old enough to where my friends are getting married, time flies by way to fast! I'm glad that I have the wonderful friends that I do! This day was good, but also a little sad as well because two of our roommates are now gone...Miranda is now married and is Mrs. Shurtliff, and our other roommate Brittney is getting ready to leave on her mission to New York in a month..We have so much fun and it's going to be weird without them in the apt.but i'm excited for them to go on with their lives. Brittney is going to be a great missionary! Shari and Gentry will still be living with me, so I'm glad not everyone is leaving, and we have a new roommate Chelsey and she is alot of fun too, I'm not sure if we're going to have someone else move in or not, but I'm sure we'll have fun with her too. Anyways Miranda's wedding was a nice day with all of us together for the last time..After the wedding and luncheon, we went Christmas shopping in St.George all day and that night we had tickets to the Forgotten Carols. I went last year and absolutely loved it! So I looked into getting tickets for all of us to go and it worked out perfect because we were all ready in St.George for the wedding. If you haven't gotten the chance to go see the forgotten caorls play, I would really recommend it. The music is beautiful!! And the message is soo good. It really makes you think of the true meaning of Christmas and how important Christ is in our lives. After the play I really reflected on my life and thought of how greatful I am for all the blessings that I have. I love the Savior and all that he has done for me! I know that he is always there for me and that he loves me. I need to do better to keep him close to me at all times and to love and serve others, because that is what Christmas is all about! I'm greatful for my family and how close we are, we have alot of fun together, and they've always been there for me. I'm greatful for my friends and the fun times that we have, they always keep me laughing! I'm greatful for this gospel and the love that it brings! Anyways this is a way long post...sorry, but I had a lot of thoughts after this day, it was just a really good day. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and remember Christ at this time of year!

3 comments:

Misty Call said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go to Forgotten Carols. I was a slow poke and didn't look for tickets until last minute, by then there was nothing left. But it sounds like a fun time. Nate had never heard of them until we got married (where has he been!!), so I think we might read the story this year.

Lacy said...

Good christmas message! can't wait to see you in just a few days!!

Gentry said...

That was a very nice post! Thanks Asch! ALso thanks for letting me steal some of the pictures! I hope you have an awesome christmas!