Monday, September 29, 2008

Yard Sales & Fall Cleaning-What a weekend!

Ok so this weekend me and my roomies decided to hit up some yard sales...Misty goes to them all the time and if you've ever seen Misty's place it is decorated way cute! And she says most of her stuff she gets at yard sales and fixes it up...So I decided to try it out..So me and my roommates saw some signs with some yard sales that were going on so we went on an adventure on Sat. So I guess I need Misty to come with me next time because I'm not really sure how to pick stuff out or what yard sales to hit up because I didn't find a lot, but we did find a really cute shelf for five bucks! Heck ya! So..it just needed a good paint job and it'd look brand new. So I bought some black spray paint and Misty helped me to paint it and sand it to give it an antique look and it's a really cute shelf if I say so myself..So I got a shelf for only five bucks that could have cost me like 40 at quilted bear or something and it looks just as good! So my new thing is hitting up yard sales, and it's fun to paint and decorate and make it your own. After the yard sales me and my roommate decided that our apt. is looking pretty gross so a little Fall cleaning was in order. We went yard sale-ing from 9-10, and then from 10-5 we cleaned the whole apt.! It was pretty exhausting, but we re-arranged, dusted, washed walls, cleaned cupboards, bathrooms, did laundry and the whole shebang! And our place feels and looks soooo much better! There really is nothing like a clean house! The one thing that I don't like about our apt. is that our kitchen is all white! White tile, white cupboards and everthing, so it gets dirty really fast..so hopefully after we spent all day cleaning it will stay clean for awhile! After this long day of work we had to hurry and get ready for the Relief Society Broadcast at six. and it was soo good! I loved it..If you didn't get a chance to watch it go online and watch it because it was good. I especially liked Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk. He talked about how sometimes we don't think that our efforts are good enough, but that we need to be more satisfied with what we do because we are daughters of god and have infinite worth. It was really good and something that I def. needed to hear. So this weekend was alot of work and play, but it was really good! Sorry to my fam though for missing out on Lagoon, I heard it was alot of fun!

2 comments:

Gentry said...

We seriously worked so hard and our apartment is shaping up really quite nice. It will be exciting when we can put some things on the wall. Oh and our stools look so good. I am like you now and want to paint everything, but I won't...

Lacy said...

your always changing your background..its cute...i dont think i could ever get into yard saling but good for you