Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break 09'

So I'm an idiot and didn't bring my camera charger home for spring break so unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post! But I did want to write about my spring break, which is almost over, danged it!! It went by way way to fast (as always!) Well I went and stayed at Lacy's house for the whole first weekend of the break, it was so fun! Lace had to work on Sat. so I got to babysit Maddie for a few hours and it was so fun!! I love playing with Maddie, she is so stinking cute and funny! Then after Lace got off work, Dj took Maddie and me and Lace headed up to Park City! woot woot..I haven't been to Park City since I was really little and I don't really remember anything so me and Lace decided to head on out for a little adventure. We went shopping at the outlets and found some cute stuff and good deals! You gotta love shopping! ( I told myself since it was my birthday coming up soon that I could get a few clothes for myself haha) Then we went out to eat at this place called the Baja Cantina, its a mexican place thats on the ski resort..We felt a little out of place cuz we were the only ones there without skis or snowboards strapped to their backs ha but it was a pretty nice place and the food was sooo good! It was crazy to see all the different people that go to Park city, you could tell that most of the people on the tables by us were not from America..It's crazy. We decided that Park City is like a "get away without getting away" it was alot of fun. We strolled down historic main street too and that was really neat to see all the fun shops, but way too expensive for us..a pair of pants was like 200 bucks! crazy! But it was still fun to look. Then on Tuesday I decided to head to good ole huntington! So I drove down and brought Maddie with me because Lace had to work and then Lace drove down after work later that night. Wednesday was Emery's drill team spring show and Tanner was dancing with Kelcey Faimolo in the Co Ed dance so we wanted to go watch him dance..He did such a good job! I didn't think he was much of a dancer, but I think he did really well..it was so fun to watch! Thursday we decided to take Maddie swimming and Mel joined us and brought Griffin and Gavin! It was so fun. I haven't been to the new pool in Castle Dale yet, so I was excited to see what all the buzz about it was and it was so nice! i think it's awesome we have something like that for the kids to do! We had a blast swimming with all the little kids! Then forward on to today, which is Saturday and I was in a dodgeball tournament in Castle dale! Mandi's dad works for Emery Rec and he organized a dodgeball tourny for the county so Mand asked me to play on a team with them. So of course I made Tanner play with us too! So it was me, Tanner, Mandi, Her husband Jarvis, her brother Taylor, and her dad Tab. Pretty good team if you ask me! However, we ended up taking 3rd place, danged it! It was a close one, we should have won atleast 2nd, but we didn't pull it out haha..I'm not a huge dodgeballer I haven't played since high school, but it was a lot of fun! It was especially fun to see the 40 year old guys that were flipping out over every little thing, its dodgeball people! haha..but it was alot of fun, I'm glad I played! And I didn't do half bad! Well after the tournament me and Tanner decided it'd be fun to take our dad's razor for a ride up blacks hill by our house! So we were just riding over the hills having a good time, and I decided to go up this one hill, it didn't look to scary and I didn't think we should have any problems getting up the hill, but I was wrong! I got us stuck so Tanner got out to push us out, but it started to roll backwards which was so scary! So I hopped off because I knew we were going to roll, so after I jumped out sure enough it rolled all the way down the hill and landed on its side! So scary, and it was too heavy for us to pick up so we were stuck with it! Well my dad is always really iffy about letting me take the razor cuz it's his "baby" so he gave me a lecture before about how I need to be careful and drive slow and what not, so I did not want him to know what I did..but he was the only one home at the time so we had no one else to call haha..so I had to call my dad to come bail us out, and he did, but he definitely wasn't happy with me, I think it's safe to say I won't be able to drive the razor for quite a while! haha...kinda bad, but kinda funny at the same time. I've never rolled a four wheeler, so I was really scared, but luckily both me and tanner were ok, and no damage to the razor so that's a huge plus! I took a pic on my phone, but my memory card is in Cedar so I will put up a picture when I get back to Cedar, so you can see what I did! But anyways thats about my spring break, nothing too exciting, but it was a really nice week to not have to worry about school and such, it was so fun to be with the family all week, they are great!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

HAHAHAHA on the razor! I had tons of fun with you too, just wish you lived closer to do it more often. Maddie keeps asking about ya, she sure loves you. Also, good one on my quote "get away without getting away"...you should have given credit where credit is due. JK

Gentry said...

Sounds like it is was a way fun spring break! I love teh breaks where you just get to relax and not do much! I need to post about my spring break because I did bring my camera and I did take pictures ha See ya sunday!

Jarv n Mand said...

Basically, for me, the highlight of that story was when I came into the picture! haha jk; I'm really glad you guys played with us. It was really fun. And I'm glad your dad didn't kill you about the razor. I kinda like having you around...