Sunday, March 29, 2009

Panaca Volleyball Tourny

Michelle, Melanie, Me, and Amber just hanging out before the games started

Me Setting the ball

Me, Mel, and Amanda is squished in the back of the truck- on our way to make tinfoil dinners!


Going up for a block! Not sure if I got it or not haha, I can't remember,but still a cool pic. oh and funny story my shorts are kinda baggy and I don't have a draw string on them so a couple of times when I was jumping up to block or hit they almost fell off!! No worries though I kept them in place!



Our team-"Easy Does It" amber, michelle, melanie, me, bethany, and alissa.
So this weekend one of my friends from down in St.George, melanie, asked me to play in a volleyball tournament in Panaca,NV with her (thats where she's from). Its a tiny town about an hour and fifteen minutes west of Cedar (middle of nowhere, kinda like Emery COunty haha!) So we headed down Friday and spent the night and then woke up bright and early on Saturday morning for the tourny. We played from 7:30 to 4, pretty much non-stop other than a lunch break for a half hour! So by the end of the day I was definitely sore and tired! We ended up taking 2nd place, not to bad but we seriously should have won! Oh well, could of, should of, would of...Then after we got done playing the weather was so nice so we decided to take a dip in the springs there. They were really warm, but kinda gross because there was alot of moss and such! haha..then we got some people together and had a fire and made tinfoil dinners and later that night we watched Austraila, its a really good movie.. Anyways it was a really fun weekend!




2 comments:

Gentry said...

That looks like it was alot of fun! Thanks for the invite! That picture is pretty cool, I bet you for sure got that block because of the sweet hang time that it would have taken to get it but hey I bet you got it. Your arm better be good by tonight or you better watch it...

Lacy said...

Dude, you need to change the color of your post writing, you can barely read it. Glad Panaca was fun for you, hahahaha.