Monday, January 4, 2010

Back in Cedar

A great psychologist (sorry thats what my major is, so this is what I hear everyday :)) Abraham Maslow said once, "When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past.The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness." I think I have been feeling both the depression and the anxiety lately in my life. Mostly towards the anxiety side. I worry about my future all the time. There are so many unanswered questions I have now. Such as marriage, career, grad school, possibly a mission, even down to where am I going to live this summer? I drive myself crazy thinking about these things, but I need to worry more about what is going on right now in my life so that I can get that complete "mental wellness" I'm so worried about what the next step after Cedar is that I'm not letting myself enjoy the time I have here in Cedar. So for my goal of 2010 and this new (and also last) semester at SUU is to enjoy the time I have here. I'm going to try and not worry about things that are beyond my control at this point.


PS Sorry no pictures in the last two posts, I will try and put up some from over the christmas break soon..but for now i just felt like posting how I've been feeling lately! School just started today and I'm very excited to graduate in May!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Ashley, You better enjoy the time you have here... or else!

teresa said...

That is great advice for everyone.
It was so good to see you.
LOVE Tanners pictures!
love aunt t