Friday, September 17, 2010

Life in Provo

Went to sushi night with some friends last night...this was a big step for me..I HATE fish and all sea-food pretty much. I've never tried sushi, but pretty much swore that I never would because it looks so disgusting and the thought of raw fish makes me want to vomit..For some reason though, I was feeling a little crazy last night. How can I say I hate something if I've never tried it right?? I was actually very surprised that I didn't mind it, in fact there were a few kinds that I even liked. I'm not saying I would crave sushi, but if people wanted to go eat there, I don't think I'd be mad.
Been spending alot of my time hanging out at this place and doing homework :)...school is taking over my life, which is pretty much what I expected so its ok. The hard thing is that I have some weekend classes...so 6 Saturdays out of the semester I am in class from 8-5, 8 hours of class is rough going. The Saturdays when I'm not in class, I have to work all day because I have to take the time off for class, so basically I don't have a free weekend for a long, long time...I'm not sure when I'll be able to go home next, but hopefully atleast a day for Thanksgiving! I am just trying to be greatful that I am getting a good education and working at a good job, who needs a life right??


look who landed a job here? i just started working this week at Macey's Pharmacy, which is like 2 blocks from my apartment, so nice! I am working part time and they are so flexible with my school schedule, which is AWESOME :) I really like my boss he is a really nice guy and somewhat reminds me of Uncle Boyd..especially when he brought to work cucumbers and tomatoes from his garden haha..It will take me a while to get used to their system and the way that their pharmacy does things, but I feel confident that I will have it down in no time! Such a relief to get a job, I was getting nervous I wouldn't find something. Count my blessings :)

Provo in General: When I first moved here, I was wondering why I had. I moved up a week before school started so I could start job searching..so pretty much for a week, I didn't have a whole lot going on while everyone else was working and in school..Made me feel like a big loser even though I knew I was going to be start doing the same thing very soon..Now That I have started school and got a job I'm wishing I had more of that free time haha...Funny that your never satisfied with what you have, right? Now that I'm more settled in and started doing things, I feel alot better about Provo. It has been a lot of fun here, I have very cute and fun roommates. Our apartment is really cute and has a very homelike feeling to it. My ward is HUGE, biggest ward I've been in by far, but I should have figured that with being BYU's 202 ward haha..but I have met quite a few people in the ward already and it everyone is really nice and fun. School is taking up alot of time, but I wouldn't change that because I love it..Its such a good feeling when every class you feel so good that you are making the right decision. Being a therapist requires alot of time building empathy for other people. I am taught in every class how to love and understand ALL people. This is so good for everyone, not just therapists. How can I hate a field that teaches me so much love and understanding? I LOVE it! My job is really nice as I talked about above and I'm so grateful that I found such a good atmosphere to work in. So for right now, life is good and I am doing really well!

3 comments:

Misty Call said...

Hey Ash! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were liking Provo. So I was so glad to see your post. Good job on landing the job @ Macy's. It gave me a good laugh when you said the pharmacist reminded you of my Dad cuz he brought in vegetables... it sure does sound like my Dad! Haha. Good luck with everything! You amaze me with all the awesome things you're doing and accomplishing! Anywho, sure miss ya! Keep this blog of yours updated for me! Love ya Ash!

Andrew & Gentry! said...

Oh that is awesome that you found a job and school is going good! You should let me know if you ever have a weekend free or even a friday or a saturday so I can come up and hang out!! Glad all is well! Love and miss ya!

Lacy said...

You are doing some awesome stuff in life! Enjoy it! You will never have these opportunities again. You are awesome sis!